See Why S.A.F.E is Different
- We understand that people and organizations are asking you for money at every turn.
- Please consider S.A.F.E. to be different.
- Too often people convince themselves they can’t make a difference, when that is simply not true. Get trained. Give Money. Get Involved.
- You’ll be surprised by the difference you make
- When you fully understand how much impact can be made in a community in just one day, for just one moment, it’s overwhelming – average people accomplishing amazing things.
- Consider the fact that bystanders are often the first people to respond in emergency situations. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if they were equipped to SAVE A LIFE?
- The objective of SAFE is to empower everyday citizens with the necessary skills to provide immediate care for gunshot victims (in particular) until help arrives. Excessive blood loss can turn an already horrible situation into a deadly one in less than 5 minutes – often before emergency personnel arrive.
- In communities that experience a high volume of gun crimes, activating community emergency response teams is instrumental in reducing the number of preventable deaths. Our military trained tactical medical professionals travel to communities in need and provide a certification course to volunteers that covers emergency response preparedness and first aid training, with a focus on addressing the specific needs of gunshot victims.
- The goal is to certify as many people as possible with emergency response training; the more people who have this training, the higher the likelihood that there will be a bystander with training available during a future crisis.